Loyally Luke by Pepper Basham


We've moved! Visit the new site here

Plot: Luke is an American carpenter visiting the foreign country of Skymar to help repair an orphanage. Elliana is a princess of the country who is overseeing the project.

I understand that this book is part of a series but I have yet to read it or anything by the author yet. This book is so Hallmark movie that it makes several Hallmark movie references. The beginning is very slow and when I say slow, I mean that not much at all happens in the first quarter of the book. This book has frequent mentions of God and praying so if that's not your thing, steer clear. 

This book reads more like the screenplay of a Hallmark movie and I would probably enjoy watching it in that format more than I would enjoy reading it in a book format. The story line isn't bad, though it is predictable and overdone. I'd probably have enjoyed the book more if the first quarter was cut out because as I said previously, almost nothing happens. That being said, the characters are likable and the setting of the quaint European mountain town gives off a great vibe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haunting Adeline and Hunting Adeline by H. D. Carlton

The Paleontologist by Luke Dumas

The Housemaid by Freida McFadden