Pity Pact (Pity #3) by Whitney Dineen

 


This site has moved, please visit the new page here

This is my first Whitney Dineen novel. MC is from a small town in Wisconsin and we love a good Midwest plot since I live in South Dakota.

Our MC Paige Holland is a middle school math teacher who has signed up for a reality show called Midwest Matchmaker, which is being filmed in her home town of Elk Lake, Wisconsin. She's looking for love and hoping for one that allows her to stay in her home town. Tim went to high school with Paige and also ends up on the show but he's not looking for love, he's looking for revenge. 

I think this book is well-written and humorous. The characters did feel a little bit underdeveloped but the book was a light and funny read. The female MC Paige really didn't do it for me. She comes off as a spoiled brat, basically a gigantic rude asshole. I actually disliked her for the majority of the book. About 20% of the way through, I basically could not stand her. The male MC Tim provides some much needed respite from Paige's attitude and he made the book much more enjoyable to me. The ending honestly felt rushed, if the ending was more filled out it would have been a more satisfying read. 

That being said, I think that this author has great potential. I'd check out another romcom by her, probably not one in this series though. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haunting Adeline and Hunting Adeline by H. D. Carlton

The Paleontologist by Luke Dumas

The Housemaid by Freida McFadden