How To Plot A Payback by Melissa Ferguson

 


We've moved! Come visit us here

This is my first time reading a Melissa Ferguson novel. 

Plot: In this book, two Brits who grew up together end up working on the same t.v. show in Hollywood. The male MC (Finn) has had some perceived wrongs done to him in the past by the female MC (Lavender) and he'd like a little dose of payback.


Review: This is a slow burn, closed door romance. Maybe add in a dash of enemies to lovers. Heavy on the com, light on the rom and I am just fine with that. I like Finn and Lavender's characters and the fact that their childhood ties them together. The first half of the book found me wanting to dislike Lavender but entirely unable to. Finn's character is reserved/nerdy yet has a great sense of humor. Their interactions I'd say are best described as "hijinks". The side characters are a great mix of endearing and irritating. The majority of them are quite memorable, especially Finn's neighbor. Due to this being a slow burn romcom, the ending could potentially be perceived as rushed but I felt that it was written well enough that I didn't get that vibe whatsoever. I thought that this book was very funny, very light-hearted, and something I'd like to see in a movie theater. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haunting Adeline and Hunting Adeline by H. D. Carlton

The Paleontologist by Luke Dumas

The Housemaid by Freida McFadden