Not In the Plan by Dana Hawkins


We've moved, grab a coffee and check us out here
Charlie is a struggling coffee shop owner and Mack is a writer struggling to finish her next novel and meet an impending deadline. When Mack wanders into Charlie's coffee shop, she is struck with inspiration and keeps coming back every day for a visit with her muse. 


This is my first Dana Hawkins book and it's so sweet. It also has one of the cutest intros that I've ever read. It's got a little bit of a grumpy/sunshine vibes but that's not really what this book is. It's about a friendship that evolves into something more. I love the element of Charlie's coworker/bestie Ben. I don't understand the Macklemore obsession. One thing that I did really enjoy was the detailed descriptions of Seattle, you almost feel like you're there. Mack's Dad is a baseball fan, love that. The chapters are coffee drink themed which leaves you craving all sorts of coffee shop delights. 


This book also explores complicated relationships with parents and dealing with a divorce. The depth of this story was surprising and made it difficult to put down. It's incredibly well written while still being predictable enough to be a romance. I adore Charlie's character, I feel like she and I would be friends. Highly recommend this book!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haunting Adeline and Hunting Adeline by H. D. Carlton

The Paleontologist by Luke Dumas

The Housemaid by Freida McFadden