Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood


We've moved! Please read along here

What can I say, my last book may have gotten my hooked on Ali Hazelwood. This book is a whole mess of entanglements and I adore it. Elsie is an adjunct professor and a theoretical physicist. She is also a chronic people pleaser who tends to morph herself into whatever she thinks that whoever she’s talking to wants her to be. She’s desperately searching for a new job with health insurance due to her type 1 diabetes and also not wanting to live in a gross apartment. Jack is the brother of the guy she fake dates for money through an app called Faux and an experimental physicist. Jack is brutally honest and despises lies/being fake.  I love that there’s still fake dating but it’s not between the two main characters, that she ends up in a huge mess with her fake date’s brother. I love the grandmother Millicent most of all, I think. I’m guessing that I’ll be just like her when I’m old 😆 This book has lots of nerdy science in it. Lots of talk about physics and jokes about physics. Kind of like The Big Bang Theory but with way more romance. A great book to read before you watch the movie Oppenheimer. This is 100% an enemies to lovers trope and it’s a great one. It’s also funny, think of it as a romcom. The emails from Elsie’s students are hilarious and I love that they’re included throughout the book. There’s also a little crossover with Olive and Adam from The Love Hypothesis! Absolutely love that. There's so much juicy drama in this book; a revenge plot, a third act breakup and Elsie's prolonged search for health insurance. This book should be a movie, because it's so hard to explain it to someone. There's tons of layers. HIGHLY recommend this book and (in my experience so far) Ali Hazelwood's books in general. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haunting Adeline and Hunting Adeline by H. D. Carlton

The Paleontologist by Luke Dumas

The Housemaid by Freida McFadden