In Charm's Way by Lana Harper

 


We've moved! Please read along here

Ok, so I know that this book took me FOREVER to read. I want you to know, it's not any issue with the book. I've just had a ton of stuff going on! Went on vacation and I've been reorganizing the whole house, making room for new furniture. Not to mention, fall stuff like apple orchards and pumpkin patches! Anyways, I really enjoyed this book! There's always something new in Lana's Thistle Grove series and this book is no exception. This book is Emmy's cousin Delilah's story and let me tell you, she's hard for me to like. She's definitely interesting though. In the last book, Delilah lost her memory due to the oblivion glamour that Nina cast with her goddess power. While much of her memory has been restored her mind is still fractured and boy is she pissed at Nina. Delilah gets a familiar, Montalban and I don't know why but I freaking love books with familiars. This was a wonderful addition to Thistle Grove in my humble opinion. We also meet Cat from Chicago in this book and she's half fae. She's an interesting character but I can't say that I really liked her either. Montalban and Ivy (Delilah's best friend and Thorn witch) stole the show for me. And shockingly, Emmy's dad?! There's some exciting news uncovered about the Harlow family by James Harlow. It's pretty interesting and I'm excited to see how it takes shape in the books to come. Another new thing in this book is the use of blood magic which appears to be much darker than what's usually involved in Thistle Grove. This brings about some monsters, which are also new to Thistle Grove. All in all, this was a great read. Although I didn't really like the characters, I didn't HATE them and still found the story incredibly interesting. Thistle Grove is evolving and I'm excited to see what the future has in store for this witchy little town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haunting Adeline and Hunting Adeline by H. D. Carlton

The Paleontologist by Luke Dumas

The Housemaid by Freida McFadden