Back In A Spell by Lana Harper


We've moved! Come read along here

Thistle Grove is starting to feel a lot like Stars Hollow and I'm here for it. I think this might be my favorite book in this series so far. Our story's heroine in book #3 is a Blackmoore, the family who's been painted as a villain/adversary in the first two books. Still the familiar cast of characters but focusing in on Gareth's older sister Nina as the main character and the bartender Morty from Book #1 as her potential love interest. The exploration of the hunger for power is intelligently written and interesting. As always, there's a little mystery to solve in this book. There's a wildly intense love story and let me just tell you, Lana still has some tricks up her sleeve because she was able to surprise me with new and interesting ideas in this book. She explores a blessing/curse duality, there's new magic, our trusty enemies to loves story arc, and also a darker exploration of family abuse/trauma. But don't think you'll be shrouded in darkness and sadness in this read because you definitely won't. Lana's wit is still woven into this book along with the ever present battle of good vs evil, a familiar theme in this series. I loved the exploration of dark and light in this book and I think anyone who picks it up will too. Have you read this yet? What do you think?


Hit the follow button to subscribe to notifications about which book you should read next and which to steer clear of. I've got some good ones lying in wait. Up next for me is book #4 in this series (Obviously) and also Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman. I've also got the Ex Hex and How To Fake Date A Vampire (Book #2 in the Charming Cove Series!) on my stack cued up and ready to go once I manage to knock those two out of the park. I can't wait, I hope you'll join me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haunting Adeline and Hunting Adeline by H. D. Carlton

The Paleontologist by Luke Dumas

The Housemaid by Freida McFadden